Please note that, if you are under 18 years old, you must provide us with the name and address of your parent or guardian. We will let him or her know that you are providing us with personal information and obtain any necessary consent from him or her.
Further information about privacy and data protection issues including the online Register of Data Controllers can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act
Who we are
We are Colorworld Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 912819. Our registered office is at Colorworld Ltd, Norham Road, North Shields, Tyne & Wear NE29 0YQ. If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please contact our Data Protection Compliance Officer, who you may write to at the address above or telephone on 0191 259 6926. We are entered in the Register of Data Controllers with registration no. A0598150.
How we collect information from you
· We collect information about you that you provide when you register to use the restricted areas of our site.
· Through completion of online forms
· Through traffic data and site statistics
· We do keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your IP address visit after leaving our site and which pages you visit.
· We also collect some site statistics such as page hits and page views
· We are not readily able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
· By you contacting us by other methods other than the website
· The website provides various telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses for you to contact us. We will collect information from you that you provide through any of these methods.
· We may also collect other information you supply to us after your initial contact with us.
Security and storage of information
· We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
· Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
· Please remember that normal Internet e-mail is insecure.
· We will store your information at least for the duration of any customer relationship we have with you, or as otherwise required by law (normally up to a maximum of 7 years for legal and tax reasons).
What your information is used for
· We use the personal information you provide to create and maintain accounts; process, fulfil, and follow up on orders; answer your e-mail; send information you request.
· If you register to use the restricted areas on our website, we will use your information to provide those membership services to you.
· If you do not object, we will use the information we hold on you to contact you for feedback on your use of our services and/or website.
· We may use aggregated data about users of our site, sales patterns and other statistical data to improve our site, but it will not be possible to identify individuals from that aggregated data.
With whom we may share your information
· We will not share your information with any other organisation except in the following circumstances.
· We will share your information with another organisations to which we transfer, or are in discussions to transfer, our rights and obligations under our agreement with you.
· We may share your information with another organisation that buys our company or our assets, or with another organisation from which we acquire a company or business, and in the course of any preceding negotiations with that organisation, which may or may not lead to a sale.
· We may share your information with our funders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisers who have a reasonable need to see it.
· We may provide anonymous aggregated data to reputable third parties on a commercial basis.
· We will give third party providers who supply services to us, or who process information on our behalf, incidental access to your information but will always take steps to ensure their security measures are adequate to protect your information. Any credit or debit card details are passed to our payment provider and your card issuer.
· We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings or if otherwise required to do so by law.
· You have a right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you, and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
· You also have a right to be removed from any mailing list we hold at any time.
· You have a right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee, which is currently £10. Before we agree to this, you must provide with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it.